A simple and really zingy fresh tart for the summer. I made my own sweet pastry (recipe to come!) but you could just as well use packet, just be sure to roll it think enough so that you get a nice crisp light base.
- 5 medium Eggs
- 200g Caster Sugar
- Zest of 3 medium sized oranges
- Juice of 2 medium sized oranges
- 250ml greek yoghurt (don’t opt for low fat as it’s too thin)
- 1 pack ready rolled shortcrust pastry (roll again to half the thickness)
- Grease proof paper
– serves 6 –
1. Beat the eggs and sugar together until combined. Beat in the orange zest and juice and then whisk in the yoghurt. Chill for 1 hour.
2. Grease a 9 inch tin, and lay out the pastry so that it’s snuggly fitted into the tin. Cut some grease proof paper, and lay out over the pastry. Pour on top some dried chick peas or baking beans and bake in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes at 190.
3. Remove the tin from the oven, pour away the chick peas (save for another time!) and remove the baking paper. Pop the pastry back into the oven for a further 10 minutes, or until it’s looking lightly browned.
3. Reduce the oven to 130. Place the tart tin on a baking tray. Pour in the orange filling. Bake for 30 minutes, or until just set. Remove from the oven and cool for 20 minutes then transfer to the fridge and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
4. To serve, dust with icing sugar a sprinkle of orange zest.