Trust me – this dinner’s special…the fact that it comes in at only 237 calories per portion is a bonus! The recipe below serves two and on a non 500 day you’d do well to make sure you have some nice fresh crusty bread to lap up the very last of the rich tomatoey sauce (on a 500 day, I’ll let you lick the bowl).
…you’re welcome! 🙂
3 anchovies fillets (use tinned in olive oil, but drain from the oil) – finely chopped
2 medium sized red peppers
6 medium sized tomatoes
200g mixed seafood (I used frozen Waitrose, Fruits du mare – defrost before cooking)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
zest and juice of one lemon
1/4 teaspoon of mild chilli powder (for depth of flavour, not heat)
2 x garlix cloves finely chopped
10 sprays of 1 cal olive oil spray
sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
Total calories: 474 – serves 2 (237 calories per serving)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180
2. Roughly chop the peppers, slice the tomatoes in half then pop them in to a baking tray and spray with 5 sprays of the olive oil.
3. Pop them in to the oven for 20 minutes and give them a mix up half way through.
4. When the tomatoes and peppers are done, put a small saucepan on to a medium heat and add the other 5 sprays of olive oil to the pan along with the garlic and chopped anchovies.
5. When you can start to smell the garlic and anchovies, add in the contents of the baking tray along with the lemon zest and juice, chilli, parsley and salt and pepper. Fill the saucepan with cold water so that it just covers the contents.
6. Stir well, then pop on a tight lid for 5 minutes on a low-medium heat
7. Remove the lid, stir again and leave the lid off continuing to cook for a futher 5 minutes.
8. Remove from the heat and using a hand blender blitz until smooth then return to the heat for a further 3 minutes (lid off).
9. In the baking tray used for the tomatoes and peppers, lay out the seafood and turn the oven up to 220. Put the seafood in the oven for 5 minutes (or until cooked)
10. Remove the seafood, and serve in a nice bowl on top of the tomato sauce.