When I’m in on my own, I always want to feel like I’m treating myself to something nice and a little bit naughty but without the faff. What better than this cheesey, carby, crispy gnocchi?! What’s your favourite meal for one?
Half a cupful of frozen sweetcorn
250g gnocchi (I used the fresh ‘cook in 2 minutes’ version)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Half a white onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (thinly sliced)
Half a teaspoon of Italian seasoning or mixed herbs
Sea salt and ground black pepper
Handful of grated medium strength cheddar
– serves 1 –
1. Heat the oven to 220 degrees
2. Cook the gnocchi and sweetcorn as per packet instructions and then leave to one side.
3. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the garlic and onion – stir and cook on a medium heat until softened then add in the gnocchi, sweetcorn, Italian seasoning and salt & pepper to taste.
4. Empty the contents of the pan in to a baking dish
5. Sprinkle over the grated cheese, then pop in the oven for 10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy 🙂