One of my New Year resolutions is to eat veggie two days a the week, for the rest of the year. This is one of my quick, tasty, comfort veggie dishes.
1 whole cauliflower
500g ready made gnocchi (or your own, homemade if you have the time!)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 shallott, finely chopped
1 beef tomato, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
Sea salt & Ground black pepper
Handful finely grated parmesan
– serves 3 (or 2 generously!) –
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
2. Seperate the cauliflower flourets and steam for 10 minutes, or until softened (5 minutes before, add the olive oil to a large baking tray and pop it in the oven).
3. Add the cauliflower and garlic to the baking tray, season well and coat in the oil – place in the oven for 5 minutes whilst boiling the gnocchi as per pack instructions.
4. Add the gnocchi, shallots herbs and tomatoes to the baking tray, give everything a good mix and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, give everything another good mix, then sprinkle over the parmesan and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and serve.