This is a great way to use up any left over panettone and brandy or liqueur cream from Christmas – and if you don’t have any, simply replace the panettone with sliced bread and some saltanas, or the liqueur cream with ready made custard (and a dash of something alcoholic if you fancy).
300ml brandy or liqueur cream (or 300ml ready made custard)
2 medium eggs
1 egg cup full of milk (any milk will do)
2 knobs of butter
Around 400g of Panettoni (or approx 5 slices of crusty bread) – enough to soak up the liquid and fill your baking dish
1 tablespoon granulated brown sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180
2. Whisk together the cream, eggs and milk to a thick but runny consistency
3. Coat the bottom and edges of a baking dish with one knob of butter
4. Place a layer of panettoni on the bottom of the dish and pour over some of the cream mixture – repeat until the baking dish is filled and all of the mixture has been used and soaked up giving it all a good push down with your hands to pack it in
5. Sprinkle over the brown sugar and scatter small pieces of the 2nd knob of butter over the top of the pudding
6. Place in the oven for 25 minutes
Enjoy with a lashings of custard and a nice glass of something naughty 🙂
One thought on “Boozy panettone pudding”
Sounds and looks so delicious!