Add a dash of Italy and Spain to your dinner by making these simple potatoes topped with a fine grating of Parmesan and some good Serrano ham. A great accompaniment to a fish and salad dinner, or delicious on their own as canapés.
5 medium sized waxy white potatoes
2 tablespoons mild olive oil
6 thinly sliced pieces of Serrano ham
A small cup of grated parmesan
Ground black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C
2. Pop the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove and drain the potatoes, let them cool for 10 minutes then slice them in to rounds approx half and inch thick
4. Face the sliced potatoes flat side down in a baking tray, drizzle over the olive oil then turn them all over so that they’re totally coated in the oil and sitting close to each other.
5. season with salt and pepper and pop in the oven for 15 minutes turning once
6. Tear the Serrano ham and lay across the tops of the potatoes then sprinkle over the parmesan cheese – you want to ensure each potato slice has a little ham and a little cheese.
7. Return to the oven for 3 minutes, or until the ham has crisped and the cheese melted.
8. Leave to cool for a couple of minutes then devour.