Sorry it’s been so long since I last posted, but I’ve been a little bit busy with my new baby boy 🙂 he’s absolutely gorgeous, but as any new Mum will know, the first few weeks are extremely demanding on time and energy. At 10 weeks, we’ve finally managed to get him in to a routine and so here is my first post and recipe – as a Mummy. A nice cosy, winter warming soup that’s quick and easy to make (I’m guessing that’ll become a regular theme for a while!).
1 tablespoon olive oil
100g mini cooking chorizo – chop each mini sausage in to 3 pieces
1 large onion roughly chopped
1 courgette, cubed
Half a cup of long grain and wild rice (I got my pack from M&S)
500ml chicken stock
200g chopped tinned tomatoes
1 dried bay leaf
Sea salt & black pepper to taste
– Serves 2 –
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the chorizo for a couple of minutes until the vibrant reddy orange oil has been released.
2. Add the onions to the pan along with the courgettes and cook until soft.
3. Add the remainder of the ingredients and leave on a rapid simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Season to taste and test that the rice is cooked through.
5. Serve in big bowls with some crusty rolls and lots of butter.