A tasty autumn warmer that makes the most of the seasons new veg.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion roughly chopped
1 leek roughly chopped
350g butternut squash & sweet potato (weight after peeling)
800g carrot (peeled and roughly chopped)
2 Knorr chicken stockpots in 1 litre of boiling water (or chicken stock to make up 1 litre of fluid)
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbspn dried sage
Sea salt & ground black pepper to season
4 tablespoons greek yoghurt
1 tablespoon mint jelly
Teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion, leek and vegetables.
2. Stir for 3 minutes on a high heat
3. Add the stock, lemon juice and seasoning. Give a good stir and leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add the sage, stir and continue to simmer for a further 30 minutes or until all of the vegetables have softened.
5. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
6. Take a hand blender and blitz to a fine pulp.
7. Add in half a litre of water, return to the heat and stir well. Season to flavour before serving.
8. Mix up a bowl of the yoghurt and mint jelly, then add a good dollop to the top of each bowl of soup.
9. Sprinkle a little fresh mint on top and serve with warm buttered crusty bread.