This spicy peach bellini is perfect as a special welcome drink for Christmas. Make the peach mix ahead of guests arriving and keep chilled in the fridge to use when they arrive.
1 x 400g tin of halved peaches in syrup
2 tablespoons of white caster sugar
3 star anise
Prosecco or Champagne
1. Open and drain the peaches from the tin.
2. Place the peaches in a jug and blitz with a hand blender until completely smooth.
3. Transfer the peach juice to a small saucepan, add the sugar and star anise then leave on a low heat until the sugar has melted in to the peach.
4. Remove the star anise, pour in to a jug or small old fashioned milk bottles (I found this one for £2 in a little shop in Rye, and they look great on the table) and place in the fridge for at least an hour to cool.
5. Pour some of the spiced peach liquid in to the bottom of a Champagne glass then top up with your choice of bubbly. Prosecco is my tipple of choice. Leave to settle for 30 seconds and you’ll see the two tones of the different liquids.