Perfect as a mid-week meal, or served on a smaller scale as a starter.
4 large long red peppers
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onions roughly chopped
1 (regular sausage size) of chorizo chopped in to cubes
1 large courgette cut in to cubes
200g giant cous cous (cooked to pack instructions)
Approx 15 cherry tomatoes (I used a mix of yellow and red ones) cut in to quarters
Ground black pepper & salt to taste
Handful of fresh mint finely chopped
Grating of parmesan
- Slice peppers in half lengthways and place top to tail in a large baking dish – drizzle with 2 tablepoons of the olive oil.
- Fry off the onions, chorizo and courgette in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Season to taste, then add the cous cous and chopped tomatoes.
- Fill the peppers with the mix.
- Sprinkle over the fresh mint & grated parmesan then whack in the oven (gas mark 5) for 20-30 minutes – or until the peppers have become nicely wilted.