The sun is finally shining, and what better dish to serve on a gorgeous weekend than this mint, feta, butter and broad bean salad. It goes perfectly with a medium rare leg of lamb and some cous cous for dinner, or great on its own as a lunch time treat.
1 tin of ready cooked butter beans
2 cups of frozen peas
1 cup of broad beans
200g feta cheese
1 clove of freshly crushed garlic
1 tablespoon fresh mint
3 tablespoons olive oil
the juice of 1 fresh lemon
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Pop the butter beans and broad beans in to a pan of boiling water, and simmer for 10 minutes
2. Add in the peas and cook for a further 3 minutes
3. Drain and leave to the side
4. In the saucepan, heat the oil, and add the garlic. remove from the heat, and add the beans & peas back to the pan – crush lightly with a potato masher, leaving some whole and some nicely mushed.
5. Add in the olive oil, lemon juice, chopped mint and season well.
6. Taking a wooden spoon, carefully stir in the crumbled feta cheese, then serve in a nice big bowl for people to serve themselves from.
Enjoy – with a nice glass full of ice, a slice of cucumber and Elderflower cordial with sparkling tonic water.