This is a great alternative to standard chick pea hummus and can be served on top of toasted sour dough as canapes, or popped in to a big bowl for guests to tuck in to with tortilla chips.
200g frozen broad beans (you can use fresh, but why bother with the hassle?!)
200g frozen garden peas
2 cloves fresh garlic
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 large lemon
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
1. Boil the peas and broadbeans for approximately 4 miunutes, or until cooked through.
2. Drain the peas and broadbeans and run under cold water – then leave to one side to cool.
3. Put all ingredients (minus the lemon juice) in to a food processor, or use a hand blender and keep going until you have a nice smooth consistency.
4. Add in the lemon juice and give the mixture a good stir until it’s completely absorbed.
5. If you think the mixture is still too thick, add a little more olive oil and continue to blitz until you reach your desired consistency