I’ve been watching the Rick Stein’s Spain series and feeling all ‘Spanishy’ so thought I’d do my own take on his tasty looking Lettuce, anchovy and egg salad with vinaigrette that he made in last weeks episode. I’ve just used lemon juice instead of vinaigrette as I’m on a pre-wedding diet (yawn!). It really helps to keep the dish light and fresh and compliments the anchovies and egg surprisingly well.
1 large Romain Lettuce
10 baby plum tomatoes
1 x tin of anchovy fillets
Juice of 1 fresh lemon
2 medium eggs
Ground black pepper to taste
1. Boil the eggs for 3 -4 minutes so that the yolks are nice and soft. Once cooked, transfer the eggs to a bowl of cold water to cool down
2. Chop the lettuce width ways into three and then scatter the leaves out on a plate
3. Chop the tomatoes and the eggs lengthways into quarters and evenly distribute over the lettuce leaves.
4. Chop the anchovies width ways into three’s and then break them up and scatter over the lettuce leaves
5. Squeeze over the lemon juice so that it covers all leaves and season with the pepper.