This is such a quick and tasty dessert to make but looks like you’ve spent ages preparing. I’ve used lemon and sour cream as a topping, but you could add any fruit that you like…
600g soft cheese
10 tbsp caster sugar
8 digestive biscuits
150ml sour cream
1. Place the biscuits into a plastic bag, then wrap with a t-towel and bang with a rolling pin until smashed into breadcrumbs.
2. Mix the biscuits with melted butter and push into the base of a cake baking tin so that it’s even and compact. Place in the fridge for half an hour
3. After this time, turn the oven to gas mark 2, whisk together the cheese, the juice of one lemon and sugar until it’s completely mixed then add the eggs and continue to whisk until everything’s nicely mixed together.
4. Pour the mixture onto the biscuit base and cook for 35 minutes then leave for one hour in the oven with it turned off. Once cooked, remove and leave to chill for half an hour before serving.
5. When ready to serve, mix the sour cream with the juice of one lemon and serve with a big dollop on top of a slice of cheesecake.