This is such a simple way to jazz up your mince pies for Christmas
1 Jar of good quality mince meat
1 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon finely rated orange peel
3 tablespoons brandy
egg cup of milk
pack of ready rolled dessert pastry
icing sugar (for decorating)
1. empty the jar on mincemeat into a bowl, then add to it the brandy, orange zest and giner.
2. Give everything a good stir together, then leave to rest on the side for 20 minutes.
3. Give another good stir, then taking your pastry, and using a pastry cutter, cut out large circles that will then fill a well buttered yorkshire pudding tray.
4. Place the pastry circles into the pudding tray, then using a teaspoon, spoon in plenty of the mincemeat mixture into each of the pastry circles.
5. Using a star shaped cutter, cut out tops for the pies from the remaining pastry, lay them on top, and brush lightly with milk
6. Pop into the oven on gasmark 5 for approximately 20 minutes, or until the tops have turned nicely golden
7. Remove from the oven place the pies onto a cooling tray.
8. Once cooled, take a sieve and dust the icing sugar over the tops of the mince pies.
Enjoy with a lovely glass of ginger wine!