A really simple favourite that will win you brownie points at any dinner party
1 pack digestive biscuits
250ml whipping cream
1 large tin carnation caramel
3 large bananas
1. Place the digestive biscuits into a plastic bag, then wrap with a towel and bang with a rolling pin until all of the biscuits are crumbs
2. Melt the butter in a pan and then mix into the biscuit crumbs
3. Using your (clean!) hands, transfer the biscuit mixture to a round dish/baking tray (preferably one with a removable base) and push down so that the biscuit becomes compact.
4. Place the dish into the fridge for an hour so that the base becomes hard
5. When cooled, remove the base and place sliced bananas evenly on the base
6. Taking the caramel, smear it over the bananas and then add a second layer of bananas to the dish.
7. Whisk the whipping cream until it’s stiff and then either spread evenly over the top, or place into a piping bag and slowly layer it on in little blobs as you can see in the picture above
8. Enjoy – with a nice cup of hot chocolate!