Well done to Maria from SE London for winning the CIRIO competition. Marias recipe of Tomato spaghetti is quick, healthy and economical. Congratulations also to the second winner, Leanne from Kent, who cooked up a storm with her Spanish Chicken with peppers. Both will be receiving their goody packs of CIRIO products and recipes from Whatiatelastnight.com. Many thanks as well, to all of you who kindly sent in your entries. We had great fun trying out your delicious dishes.
1 pack chopped Cirio tomatoes
4 large cloves garlic
1 large red onion
Fresh basil (half a small packet)
Packet of spaghetti
Small tin of anchovies in olive oil
8 olives (sliced)
Worcester Sauce/Soy sauce/seasoning to taste
1. Put a large pan of water on to boil for the spaghetti.
2. Strain the oil from the anchovies into a frying pan together with a dash of olive oil. Put the chopped onion in and cook until softened.
3. Add the garlic, chopped tomatoes anchovies, and olives. Once all softened, add the tomatoes and break up in the pan.
4. Put spaghetti into the pan of boiling water. Wash, dry and scissor chop the fresh basil.
5. Once spaghetti is cooked, drain and return to the saucepan adding the chopped basil.
6. Transfer to serving dish, add the tomato sauce and sprinkle or shave parmesan to taste.
7. I like to add a little dash of Worcester sauce to the top of mine.