Well done to Leanne from Kent for winning the CIRIO competition. Leannes recipe of Spanish chicken with peppers is absolutely delicious. Congratulations also to the second winner, Maria from SE London, who cooked up a storm with her healthy tomato spaghetti dish. Both will be receiving their goody packs of CIRIO products and recipes from Whatiatelastnight.com. Many thanks as well, to all of you who kindly sent in your entries. We had great fun trying out your delicious dishes.
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
5 red peppers, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup of white wine
2 cups long-grain rice
4 chicken legs (remove skin)
2 packs CIRIO chopped tomatoes
1 small chorizo sausage, diced
12 small, pitted green olives (halved)
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over a medium heat.
2. Add sliced peppers and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, of until the peppers are soft.
3. Add water, and the chicken. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Put rice on to boil and cook according to pack instructions.
5. Stir in chopped tomatoes, then add the chorizo. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring and turning chicken once, until chicken cooked through.
6. Add the olives and leave for a further 5 minutes.
7. Plate up the rice (I use the bottom of a Jamie Oliver ‘shaker’ to get a nice dome shape) and then add a chicken leg with plenty of the sauce to each plate.