I invented this dessert on an evening when we had a sweet tooth and nothing naughty in the cupboard. A really quick, tasty sugar fix!
3 tablespoons caster sugar
1 large banana
– serves 2 –
1. Beat the egg, along with 1 tablespoon of caster sugar in a bowl and then saturate each of the crumpets in the mixture
2. Peel and slice into four a banana
3. Put a drizzle of vegetable oil into a very hot frying pan and then add the bananas and crumpets to the pan. Cook for approx 1 and a half minutes, or until golden brown and then then turn. Cook for a further minute and a half
4. Pour the rest of the caster sugar onto a plate
5. Remove the crumpets from the pan and coat in the caster sugar.
6. Place the crumpets onto a plate and top with the bananas and a good squeeze of honey.
If you have ice cream or double cream to hand then serve alongside.