Great as an easy mid-week meal, or for a dinner party. And if you have any of the lovely rich sauce left over, it’s delicious spread on warm crispy ciabatta, or stirred into pasta as a lunch time treat.
a handful fresh basil
1 pot of CIRIO tomato puree
2 large cloves garlic
1 small onion (roughly chopped)
2 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons mixed olives
1 tablespoon olive oil
juice of half a lemon
150g CIRIO chopped tomatoes with basil
small pinch dried chilli flakes
4 chicken breasts
– serves 4 –
1. Place all of the above ingredients into a bowl and blend using a hand blender – you want the sauce to be slightly chunky so don’t blend for too long, but just enough that the onions and garlic have been pureed.
2. Taking a sharp knife, slice the chicken breasts length ways, in half – leaving one side still attached
3. Place each piece of chicken onto its own piece of baking paper, season and drizzle with olive oil and then spread the sauce inside the chicken, pulling back over the top so that the chicken is stuffed with the sauce. Place a small spoonful of the sauce over the top of the breast and then wrap each piece in its baking paper so that it’s nicely enclosed and the juices/sauce can’t escape.
4. Place the breasts onto a baking tray, and add into a preheated oven on gasmark 6 for 25 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked through)
5. Serve with crushed new potatoes and a mixed green bean and tomato salad.