Refreshing and tasty, this pasta salad is a great accompaniment to any barbecue.
A good handful of fresh basil finely chopped
15 baby plum tomatoes (quartered)
Large bowl dried pasta (any pasta will do but I prefer pasta shells)
4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
4 tablespoons good olive oil
sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Cook the pasta as per instructions on the packet
2. into a bowl, add the chopped basil, tomatoes and plenty of seasoning.
3. Drain the pasta and run it under a cold tap until it’s just luke warm (this will help to bring out the flavour of the basil and tomatoes when added)
4. Add the pasta into the bowl with the tomatoes and basil.
5. Pour on the olive oil, white wine vinegar and more seasoning.
6. Give a good stir, ensuring that the pasta is all coated in the oil, vinegar and basil.
7. Season to taste and add more vinegar/oil if required. The final dish should look glossy