I made this dish as a Mediterranean alternative to the British sausage and mash. Still homely and comforting, but packed full of sunshine flavours.
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 chorizo and chilli sausages
1 large red onion
2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
15 cherry tomatoes (halved)
50 ml beef Bisto gravy
100 kilograms feta cheese (cut into cubes)
15 black olives (pitted and roughly chopped)
6 medium potatoes
1 tablespoon butter
6 tablespoons milk
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
– serves 2 –
1. place the sausages on a baking tray and cookin the oven on gasmark 6 for 25 minutes.
2. Peel, chop and boil the potatoes so that they’re ready for mashing
3. Add the olive oil to a hot frying pan, then fry one clove of garlic and onions until soft
4. Add the olives to the frying pan and cook for a further 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add in the feta
5. Mash the potatoes along with the butter, milk and plenty of seasoning. Add the olives and onions mixture to the mash and stir well.
6. In the empty frying pan, add the cherry tomatoes, garlic and bisto gravy. Bring to the boil, and when the tomatoes are softened, lightly mash them and give it all a good stir.
7. Serve the sausages, a good dollop of mash, and pour over the tomato gravy.