Great as a starter or a lunch time snack, this tasty dish takes minutes to prepare.
8 white asparagus spear (you can use green if that’s all you can get)
shaved parmesan slices
tablespoon fresh thyme finely chopped
4 slices of parma ham
3 tablespoons olive oil
– serves 2 –
1. Snap the ends off of the asparagus tips
2. slice the parma hams slices into half and lay a few shavings of parmesan onto each piece
3. wrap a piece of parma ham and parmesan around each asparagus tip
4. Mix together the olive oil and thyme in a bowl
5. Brush some of the oil onto the base of a baking tray and lay the asparagus spears on top.
6. Brush each spear with the oil and thyme and pop into the oven on gas mark 6 for 15 minutes, or until the parma ham has crisped up.