This months guest blogger from Beckenham has sent in a recipe that has a perfect way to use the rest of the life that’s in the coals at the end of a sunny BBQ day. This is such a simple dessert, and so tasty.
3 whole rippened bananas
2 small bars of Toblerone chocolate (if you’re allergic to nuts then simply use a good milk chocolate)
3 teaspoons Amaretto liqueur (optional)
– serves 3 –
1. Place the whole bananas (still with skins on) onto the BBQ and cook until the skin of the banana has turned completely black (approx 20 mins)
2. With the banana sitting rounded side down, carefully peel back one piece of the skin from the inside of the banana
3. Taking a knife, make several cuts into the flesh of the banana and insert pieces of toblerone triangles into the gaps.
4. Put back the banana skin and pop onto the BBQ for a further 5 minutes, or until the chocolate has melted.
5. Add the banana into a bowl for serving and pour a teaspoon of Amaretto over the gooey chocolate and banana